Welcome to the GlebeHarbor.Com Community Forum. You must make your first post in the Introduction Forum after you Register! In till you do, you WILL NOT be able to Post or Reply in any other forum. After you make your introduction the entire board will be available for posting or replying to other posts. This is a countermeasure for spam bots. You can click here to see how to become a member of the GlebeHarbor.Com On-Line Community.

Are Improved Lot Owners Being Discriminated Against?

This forum is where you can discuss anything that deals with the Glebe Harbor - Cabin Point Sanitary District. If you own property in Glebe Harbor or Cabin Point, you are automatically a member of this Sanitary District.
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1
United States of America

Are Improved Lot Owners Being Discriminated Against?

Post by Dana » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:56 am

In my opinion we are. I recently asked the Glebe Harbor-Cabin Point Association via their email form, what form I needed to lease my amenities to a third party. I was informed by the President of our Association that this right was for owners of unimproved lots only.

She did inform me that our Association was working with Westmoreland County concerning this issue, and they are also considering allowing improved lot owners to have the same rights concerning leasing as unimproved lot owners. She also informed me that this is the way it was done, according to our rules and regulations. I downloaded the only copy of this document from their official website, and it simply is not covered in this document or any of our other documents that I can find. This restriction is extremely close to discrimination, based on what now seems to be two types of membership within the Glebe Harbor-Cabin Point Sanitary District.

In other words, a unimproved lot owner can lease their lots at the going price, $250.00, to help recoup the additional tax that we now pay to Westmoreland County. To restrict or forbid a Member that has an improved lot from being able to do the same, is placing that Member in a different class of Membership. This is in fact discrimination in its purest form. This is the legal definition of discrimination:
In Constitutional Law, the grant by statute of particular privileges to a class arbitrarily designated from a sizable number of persons, where no reasonable distinction exists between the favored and disfavored classes. Federal laws, supplemented by court decisions, prohibit discrimination in such areas as employment, housing, voting rights, education, and access to public facilities. They also proscribe discrimination on the basis of race, age, sex, nationality, disability, or religion. In addition, state and local laws can prohibit discrimination in these areas and in others not covered by federal laws.
Since I could not find any official documents that placed this restriction on improved lot owners, when I replied back to our President of the Glebe Harbor-Cabin Point Association, I asked her to specifically supply me with our official documents so I could have this needed paperwork and read it for myself. I have yet to hear back from her, which leads me to believe that this document does not exist. Westmoreland County is aware of my request, as the President included them in her response to my original request. If and when she does reply back, showing me this requested document, I will edit this post as to what I received and what it states.

We will not stand by in silence! We will defend our Governing Documents for all Three Associations as well as our Two Lease Agreements with Westmoreland County and make sure they are followed to the letter of Virginia Law! www.glebeharbor.com

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links